- 87 Ave & 163 – Anthony Henday Dr
Scope of Work
The construction of an elevated guideway linking West Edmonton Mall and the Misericordia Hospital.
To facilitate this work, crews will be removing the streetlights, sidewalks, and curbs on 87 Ave in the areas of 175 St to 182 St and 165 St to 161 St. In the areas of 169 St to 161 St, the Marigold team will also be removing duct banks (an underground container used for laying utility lines such as electric and telecommunication cables) and relocating existing utilities to create a work site large enough to accommodate the pier drilling equipment.
To accommodate this work, there will be temporary, short-term traffic interruptions on 87 Avenue. In some areas, traffic will be shifted to the outermost lanes to allow work to occur in the middle of 87 Avenue. Two lanes of traffic in either direction will be maintained during this work. Lane shifts will occur during peak, off-peak, and overnight hours and are expected to last one month.
Work will primarily occur during the day (7 a.m. to 9 p.m.) however, occasional overnight work may be necessary. The public will be notified in advance of this work. Work that causes noise and vibrations will be completed during daytime hours.
With respect to the pier drilling work. Marigold is not actively scheduling overnight works, however, due to the nature of the job, there may be instances where a task cannot be stopped and must be completed. In these instances, work may be forced to extend outside of regularly scheduled construction hours.
Marigold Infrastructure Partners is committed to following all City of Edmonton bylaws and regulations and have obtained an overnight roadwork permit so that work can take place during night time hours to minimize major daytime traffic disruptions. *City of Edmonton Bylaw C14600.
What you can expect
- Increased traffic and construction noise.
- There may be temporary lane closures and/or reduced accessibility to roads, pathways and driveways.
- There will be temporary pedestrian and ETS detours at times
- Most work will occur during daytime hours, however, occasional overnight work will be required
- This work will be completed by Marigold Infrastructure Partners and subcontracted crews.
- Elevated Guideway Construction Information
LRT Stops & Stations
- Misericordia Station at 169 St & 87 Ave
- West Edmonton Mall Station at 174 St & 87 Ave
- Aldergrove/Belmeas Stop at 182 St & 87 Ave
Our Commitment to Safety
- To help ensure public safety, excavations open and accessible to the public will be fenced or supervised. Please be aware of hazards and avoid excavation sites.